I signed my family up for a free event at a community college over the weekend. We got an hour of free entertainment and science-based educational activities for them. We ended up winning the door prize as well!
I hung several items to dry. This not only saves energy, but it extends the life of sweaters, t-shirts, etc. You don't need special equipment, Pop it on a hanger over the back of a chair, and you're good to go.
Wednesday was a no-spend-stay-home day. Having a sick kid at home is really crappy so, it's tempting to want to escape and get out for some retail therapy, but staying home kept my change in my pocket and gas in my tank.
The Overdrive app for my library is one of my greatest frugal tools. I saw a book referred online, and was able to download the audiobook right away. Not only did I get the audiobook for free, but it saved gas money and potential late fees, since that's a frugal failing I struggle with.
Titles in my Overdrive app right now
What about you? What frugal crap did you do this week?
This weekend's challenge: Since we're working together to get our shit together, here's what I'm working on this week: I want you to make a list of five things you do you for fun without spending a damn penny. Need inspiration? Check out this list over at And Then We Saved. Then, I want you to pick one and do it! I'll share my list on Wednesday.

No comments:
Post a Comment